Breast Reduction Surgery
- Are you feeling embarrassed with huge, disproportionate and large breasts?
- Do you have difficulties in doing daily chores and experience backache, neck pain and shoulder pain due to large and heavy boobs?
- Are you finding difficulties in wearing clothes and not get able to explore stylish outfits?
- Are you seeking a solid solution to get rid of body pain that occurred due to heavy boobs?
Physically as well as emotionally it is not acceptable to have a larger, disproportionate or heavy boob. It causes a lack of aesthetic appeal and beauty, which may lead to some other associated issues such as neck pain, backache, shoulder pain, and also difficulties in regular activities of daily life. However, it has a great concern to deal with the breast reduction/mammaplasty surgery as many women are now receiving it. Having the best proportionate breast enhances the aesthetic beauty and physical appeal with the contoured boob shape via the mammoplasty procedure.
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure used to remove excess fat, tissue and skin from the breasts. If you have large breasts, you might choose to have breast reduction surgery to ease discomfort or to achieve a breast size proportionate to your body.
Breast reduction surgery might also help improve your self-image and your ability to participate in physical activities.
- Your breasts will be in better proportion with your body and will feel firmer.
- Surgery will alleviate neck, back, and shoulder pain and make it easier to breathe and exercise.
- Your clothes will fit better and you will feel more confident about your appearance.
What happens during the consultation?
During your consultation you will be evaluated and several measurements taken
The breast reduction procedure at Invivo Aesthetics is performed under general anesthesia and takes about two to four hours, depending on the techniques used and each patient’s individual case. It is done as a daycare procedure and patient goes home the same day. There are several different types of incisions that may be used for this procedure.
Traditional Breast Reduction Surgery – This technique involves an anchor or inverted T shaped incision, and is ideal for women with extremely large breasts. Skin, fat and tissue can be removed from the lower breast; the nipples and areolas may be re-positioned as well. There is one scar vertically down from the nipple. And another horizontal scar in the breast fold
Vertical-Incision Breast Reduction – Also known as short-scar, this technique involves incisions that extend around the areola and down to the breast crease in a lollipop shape. Vertical incision is ideal for women with moderately large breasts and creates shapelier results with less scarring for women who do not require extensive tissue removal
Scarless Breast Reduction – Scar-less breast reduction uses liposuction techniques to reduce the size of the breast with little or no scarring. Because liposuction removes only fatty tissue, patients should have more fatty tissue than glandular tissue. This is done under local anesthesia.
What is the recovery after surgery like?
- If done under general anesthesia, the patient is kept overnight. If done by liposuction then the patient is sent home the same day.
- After the breast reduction procedure, patients will likely experience soreness, swelling and bruising for several days.
- Bandages will be removed after two days and replaced with a surgical bra.
- Physical activity should be limited for one to two weeks, while exercise and other strenuous activity should be avoided for at least four weeks.
- Patients will return to the office to have stitches removed after approximately two to three weeks, at which point most will be able to return to work and other regular activities.
BRA SIZE CALCULATOR
Bra Size Measurement
STEP 1: OVER-BUST SIZE
STEP 2: UNDER-BUST SIZE
Before & After
Schedule your appointment
Frequently asked questions
Any woman in good health who feels that her breasts are too large for her body is a good candidate for a breast reduction.
The average breast reduction surgery can take two to four hours to complete. Your surgeon may be able to give you an estimate of how long your particular procedure will take.
The incisions are either made around the nipple and down the inferior part of the breast, or around the nipple, down the breast, and under the breast in an “anchor” pattern. There will always be visible scars following surgery.
Yes, your results are permanent unless you go through a major weight gain or become pregnant.
In some cases a breast reduction can correct symmetry, but this depends upon a patient’s individual anatomy.
Most patients are able to return to normal activities within several days following surgery. Exercise and sexual activity should be limited for 2 weeks following surgery.
Most patients note only soreness of the breast following surgery, and many are off pain medication within two days. Light activity is permitted the same day of surgery, but heavy lifting and exercise are restricted for two weeks following surgery.